The girls and I spent time playing with the dog in the backyard during the first part our day. The ground was covered with orange leaves and fallen apples. Autumn air is my favorite to take in. It was enchanting, in a way, to be spending time with the girls after being apart for so long and the lovely weather made the scene all but perfect. We had all missed each other. I was showered with admiration: "I like your new nose ring better than your old one. I like your skirt. I like your tights. I like your boots. I like your coat. I like your sweater. Your eyes are pretty." Now, at what other type of job would such comments be appropriate? Not many. In the afternoon as we left ballet, G- ran up to me, gave me a huge hug and said, "Marie, I love you love you love you!" It always moves me when either of the girls express such feelings for me because they are not the type of children who give it freely. I know they mean it when they say it.
As G- and I played Battleship at Veritas, where she had hot cocoa with "the best whipped cream in the world" and I indulged in "the best white mocha in the world," she mentioned that before I went home she needed to give me a copy of the "Yucky Chart."
Most people have a certain word or words that they can not stand to hear or speak. For me, words such as "puss" and "nugget" come to mind. G- and N- have (on their own accord) endeavored to compile a list and assign numbers to each word they consider to be repulsive. According to G-, it is my duty to learn the number system so that I will know what they are talking about when they refer to say "number five." Now you might immediately conclude that number one and two are, well you know. You are wrong. It is the revised and expanded edition, and in order to encourage my audience to embellish upon its current knowledge I shall share the list.
"Yucky Chart"
(officially engraved upon bright red construction paper)
1. Blood
2. Lice
3. Snakes
4. Pepe
5. Poopy
6. Dogy Warts
7. Cat skabs
8. Volmet
9. Sliva
I have been informed that if I "think of anything else to add to the list, write it down." Oh, the list is endless and full of so many inappropriate things. Let us keep it to nine, girls. I love you love you love you too!

1 comment:
I'm so glad you have this family in your life.
Post a Comment