Saturday, October 25, 2008

Home. Family.

These boxes are full of more than glass, paper, and plastic things. I feel like I packed up a dream inside of these boxes.  When I unpack, one by one, the only thing that will be removed are things; the dream has been lost in transit. It drifted through the cardboard, out the window and into the wind. It wouldn't have been lost had I taped the boxes up tighter. The open spaces were intentional because I knew that I had to let it fly away. As much as it hurts to see it go, a secret future welcomes me. 

I can not handle one more change. Please tell me that I will find rest in this space.

One of the greatest changes in my life, and one which has sustained me in this challenging season, has been the addition of faithful, diverse, clever and fun friends. I could not have made it through this move without them. I felt like my provision of bagels was not thanks enough. Then, I realized that these seven people were helping because they simply wanted to, not because they were seeking wages. When I backed up into a truck, creating a lovely little dent in the side door, they were quick to calm me. When Maya dashed out of the car and began sprinting around the bustling street in-front of my apartment, they helped me capture her. In each instance I felt myself losing composure, but my friends-my friends-were my support.

Today had the potential to be a tremendously sad day of defeat, but with my new friends--whom I have quickly fallen in love with--it felt like a celebration. 

I have been blessed. 

For many months I have been crying out for the provision of deep camaraderie. Granted! The seeds have been planted and I can perceive the buds, the oaks. I know that I would not have survived neither today nor the past few months without them.

 

1 comment:

MOTHER WILDS said...

I'm gald you left the open space in the boxes. FLY FLY away! You will have new dreams. You will find rest. And it will be a peacful one when it comes. In the meantime spend time with your comrades when you can.