Tonight, he was chatting with a girl in the front row while she was working on her exercise, "You are quite a beautiful girl. It's a curse I guess. Well, I admire you for that. I am not..." T-, the guy next to me, and I shared expressions of disbelief and started cracking up. What in the world?
During every class, "spanking" comes up. Once, when a student asked if we needed to rotate our pencils while drawing lines, he said, "No, don't do that...but that does sound kind of erotic." Last week we were drawing a room, and were allowed to add anything we wanted. I created something akin to a jail cell. Not sure why. My teacher decided to include a hot-tub, which excited many students, but went further and excited himself when he decided that it would be "kind of erotic to have a mirror over the hot-tub."
He was walking around later during that class session overlooking our grids. My grid dominated the paper. T- drew a grid much smaller.
Instructor: "You need to make your grid bigger. Keep making those lines."
T: "Yeah, I was just looking at her grid and noticed..."
Instructor: "Well, I can see why you would have been distracted." He then looked at me, then back at T-.
It has come to a point where it is so inappropriate that it is humorous. Maybe it is a bad thing that I have become somewhat immune to it and choose to laugh rather than be offended. At least this, as well as my other classes, is one of the most fun ways I spend my time.
As I was driving home tonight, I was comparing my experience at SPU to the Art Institute. Being in class this time around is much more fun. I love the freedom we have as students, the creative energy around me, the relaxed environment, the project-based work and the fact that talking and listening to music are not taboo in the classroom. It feels like we are hanging out and learning more about something we already love. No matter how tired I am throughout the day, my energy is revived when I enter the classroom. Going to school: a decision which I have not second guessed! I need this right now, pervy teachers and all.

No comments:
Post a Comment