Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Diary,

I'm currently reading "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao," and "Lady Chatterly's Lover." I'm holding off with all the restraint I am able to muster and waiting to read "The Year of Magical Thinking." It's teasing me though, so we shall see if I can resist.

I read an interesting article in the NY Times about Carl Jung's "Red Book" which is being somewhat controversially published next month. Considering the facts that my therapist is a Jungian and that Jung's ideas (at least the ones I have a vague understanding about) intrigue me, the "Red Book" is also on my reading to-do list. And I'll admit, the fact that this book has caused a ruckus makes it all-the-more appealing.

I wish I were in a book club or class where I could discuss these books, but I guess that's what on-line forums are for.

Maybe this means that it is about time for me to start thinking more seriously about going back to school.

My current musical interests include: The Generationals, Starfucker, The Flaming Lips, Crystal Castles, Bibio, Ratatat, Frederic Chopin (thanks to Dexter), Neko Case (still), Jr. Boys, perhaps Wild Beasts, and the love of my life, Dylan.

I think I'll go ride my bike in the dark now.

P.S. I'm in love.

No comments: