What I am about to type is trite. I just wanted to warn you.
One thing I appreciate (and occasionally despise) about all children is their frankness. Many do not have a concept of appropriateness.
"Why are you so fancy?" -F (boy)
"What's fancy about me?" -Me
"Your shoes are shiiiiiiny, and your necklace is like fancy...and you're wearing all black," -F
"Hmm, my shoes are red though, and my necklace is not black," -Me
"Yeah...but why are you wearing all black?" -F
"I just like this outfit. It's comfortable." -Me
F- looks me up and down.
"Well, I think you look cool. The black is cool." -F
Phew!
At around 10:30 P.M., right before the front desk called the room and asked us to be quiet, F- had another moment of pure honesty.
"Hey, F-, A-, you guys need to stop jumping on the bed, otherwise we're going to get in trouble for being loud." -Me
"Why are you here?" -F
"Because your Mamas and Papas wanted me to watch you." -Me
"Well, we don't like you watching us. You can go home." -F
He was only four, but it kind of hurt. Silly, I know.
If I have children, I beg you Universe, please send me ones like G- and N-!!!
P.S. Universe, will you bring Autumn sooner rather than later?

1 comment:
G & N are exceptional girls. But it is also in the way you raise them. You will have great well behaved children. Especially when you have seen firsthand the different behaviors of children. And you have learned much while watching G & N.
M
Post a Comment