Saturday, January 30, 2010

And His Fingers go, "Click, Click, Click."

A couple of weeks ago, G- and I were talking over the kitchen table. She had just returned from a play-date and was telling me about how lousy it was.

G: "I just don't like meeting people, you know? I just wish...that you could walk up to someone and say 'hi' and you're friends, you know?"

Me: "I know exactly what you mean. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes you meet someone and it's easy. I wish it could be easy with everyone."

G: "Yes! I know!"

I have a new friend.

He texts me, lets me borrow music and books, and we have things to talk about.

I really like him. It's been a long time since someone has pursued me for a friendship and though I wasn't looking for a new friend, it is refreshing to know that I am a person that certain people would like to know.

Part of me worries. The last time I made a friend this way, I abandoned him because I was abandoned by someone else. He was in the middle and I could not handle it.

I hope my new friend never feels in the middle, if there is ever a middle to be in. Or maybe I should hope that I never view him as being in the middle.

"July Flame" is on repeat, thanks to him.

G- has a new friend too.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are all people that certain people would like to know. We just need to let them in. Remember friendship is something that is always there for you. Yes it's hard to find a true friend, but once you have found them they will stay with you no matter what. Friendship enriches our lives so go out and make many and become wealthy.
I am not just "M" I am a friend for you always.
Love you
"M"