Monday, December 28, 2009

I Went and Felt the Illinoise!

...and I liked it.

I'm trying not to be too pushy, but after spending a few days in Illinois, I have come even closer to an unflinching decision that, yes I do want to move. More than ever before in my life, I feel that soon I am going to need a change. Staying here is wrong. Chicago makes sense. But, you've never been! No matter. All the better, chum.

J-'s friend lives in a thriving artsy neighborhood, just 10 minutes shy of downtown, and has offered to aid in our apartment search. In fact, his eyes (my god, those eyes!), glittered even more when I not-so-slyly encouraged J- to spill our possible plans to move within the next year. J- was grateful for my pushiness, in the end. 

The midwest is different. Forgive me for being trite.

At a supermarket named "Logli's" J-'s mom sent us on a search for Agave Nectar, a staple product of mine. 

J-: "Hi, we're looking for Agave."

Employee: "Huugh?" She lifts one eyebrow and one half of her upper lip in perfect, theatrical union.

I take the grocery stores in Seattle for granted. I do love you, Seattle and I'll probably be back, but I think we should spend some time apart. 

I would never tell Seattle this, but I think she's holding me back right now. She has become too safe.

The city of Chicago is a metropolis and I'm sure to find Nutritional Yeast, Tempeh, and Agave Nectar with little trouble. I know how to make friends and I know how to handle cities on my own. There is a strong and inspired music scene. There is weather I have no idea how to prepare for, but my dad did get me snow boots. At least my feet will be warm. Barefoot in the summer. Easy.

It's almost time to go.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Follow you heart and she will make you happy.
M