Since rice is no longer being thrown at weddings, some people are taking to releasing butterflies or birds. What good does that do? Further, aren't the birds trained to come back? I started thinking about what creatures might want to be released.
Circus animals came to mind first, but then I thought that if I were to release circus animals they, being tame, would have no survival skills and I would be the cause of their swift and inevitable demise. Then I wondered, if I were a circus animal would I choose death over my present circumstances? I would die a slow, poetic death in a forest somewhere. Following my final breath a compassionate chipmunk would place a single flower on my chest. At long last, I would be free. Alas, I am not in tune with the everyday circus animal's mind so I nixed this idea.
Then I had it! Rehabilitated animals! They have survival skills and I am almost certain that they would prefer to return to their natural habitat.
Come to my wedding! There will be elephants, seals, marmots, eagles, ostriches, wolves, and you may even see a killer whale. It is going to be a party!

7 comments:
Well I must say I enjoyed your thoughts on shower ideas. However I think of the movie Jumanji and how all the animals came running out of the house into their "freedom" so maybe something like this is possible? You are an amazing, fun, creative writer you remind me of Augusten Burroughs and you should keep writing, keep dreaming and never, never stop.. keep writing you are amazing..
has cooked rice been outlawed?
shit. sorry. that was me. that was sara.
And not me, as in Marie. Log onto your own blog!!!
Jumanji was quite the catastrophe, wasn't it? Perhaps I'll reconsider and release biodegradable balloons full of seeds which will shower upon the earth once the balloons reach unbearable altitudes.
Well, I have no idea whom I am writing to, but thanks for the kind words!
And Sara, cooked rice may still be an option, but what couple would want wet rice to cling to their clothing? Much too similar to maggots. No. Thank. You.
Symbolic of the commitment (unto death) recently made by the happy couple.
Post a Comment