Monday, January 5, 2009

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma... Chameleons Better Watch Out!!!


I always thought that I could identify with chameleons. There are certain friends and groups of people I act differently around and as much as I try to be a single version of myself there is no getting around the fact that different people draw different things out of me. D- and I were talking about this the other night over a much needed Thai feast and I was reassured to hear that she, like me, chameleonizes depending upon the crowd. It is natural. Or...is...it...?...

Imagine my horror when I was informed that chameleons are rapists. That's right! Chameleon boys rape unsuspecting chameleon girls! The Crocodile Hunter told me so. Apparently Charles the Chameleon will sometimes fly from his post onto unsuspecting Corrina the Chameleon and have his way without any consent and worse...foreplay. 

And so, I have decided, so as not to emulate any chameleon-esque behavior that I must stick to my New Year's resolution with big guns hoisted on hips. I will not give a flying...shoot...what other people think of me and will therefore not be a chameleon-rapist.  


One other conclusion I came to today: when belly-buttons are photoshopped off of one's stomach, it is quite gross. 

More profound and deep thoughts to come...stay posted...


No comments: