Sunday, October 16, 2011

To Be Alone With...Me

1. Wake up. The banality of such an effort affords it no mention in this blog. Erase it from your memory.

2. Cuddle with my love. "Hello, hello," I whisper. "Qu'est-ce que c'est? Quieres comida?" We're a bilingual household.

3. Read for longer than I anticipate. Pull/peel myself away.

4. "The Beatles Yesterday and Today" on vinyl while scrubbing dishes. (I find this oddly fulfilling and fun).

5. Return to book.

6. Skype with the love of my life. How refreshing it was to be in the presence of one who fully knows and understands me, even if it relied upon signals, satellites and wires. Lately, I have been bumping up against the fact that I am difficult to read. It was nice to not have to worry about that today. Effortless. Home.

7. Go for my longest run thus far atop layers of crisp autumn leaves and under a lovely grey sky.

8. High from a run, I produce my best "entrance letter" yet. It should be complete by tomorrow.

9. Read, again. It's soooo good! Thanks for lending it to me, I-!

10. Work on Halloween crafts. Paint, glitter, glue, what fun!!!

11. Home-made onion rings. What? I ran today and my pants are falling off of me, anyway. Don't judge.

12. Watch documentary about crows. Do it.

13. You guessed it. Read.

Living alone, if one knows how to do it properly, is not a bad thing. I happen to love it.

No comments: