In an attempt to avoid fireworks (for the sake of pup-face), some friends and I headed to the mountains yesterday. So as not to brag too much, I'll keep this brief. We spent the day baking, drinking, reading an assortment of literature (Mother Jones for me; a spanish newspaper for S-; The Great Gatsby for A-), playing scrabble, drinking some more, floating in my raft, making fun of the crazy dad and grandpa who were planted next to us (the grandpa came over and invited us to his restaurant on the North Shore of Hawaii), listening to the Chili Peppers and Mad Rad, and napping.
I am telling you, this summer is proving to be my kind of summer. The past several had highlights -some truly brilliant and beautiful ones-, but the past couple Fourths were, in retrospect, not what I wanted. Being outside with my dog and friends, sitting on the ground and wearing dirty feet, connecting and having real conversations and feeling completely comfortable is a fantastic way to spend a holiday, or any day at that. I'm looking forward to more moments like this!

2 comments:
Hey M wants to go to Hawaii.
That sounds like the PERFECT 4th.
"M"
Post a Comment