Tuesday, December 21, 2010

'Twas The Night for Crafting-Gifting


It began with Esty, from which 80% of my gifts came this year. There were two perfect images printed on vintage Dictionary pages: one for a typewriter fanatic and another for a foodie friend. Goodwill frames followed and it all led to an evening of clay, Bronner's, acrylic, and glue...


So it began...




The gold frame was exactly what I was looking for to frame the print I bought for B-. Unfortunately it had a huge gash. I wavered back and forth on the purchase, and finally decided that I could successfully replicate the pattern with my clay stash. Here is the gash:




This is the work I did to fill it in:





I sliced the matting from the heinous Sunflower print and replaced it with the print that inspired the gift. The existing green border did not work...




So I changed it to black. It was as simple as some drafting tape and a marker!





Precision and perfection! There were a few ink-bleeds, but I was able to blend pale pink acrylic with white for touch-ups.





Finished(ish) product!




Completely finished, painted and refurbished frames! They are perfect and I can't wait to give them away to R- and B-! I think that they will both love them. Did I mention that I spent under $20.00 for each?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing. You did a great job on the gash. I bet the girls loved them. I am so proud of your artistic ability (along with everything else about you). You definitely take after your Grandfather. He would be (IS) soooo proud of you.
Love M