It took preparing for a trip to Florida to prove to me that I have plenty of summer clothes. Black has been the dominant shade for the past, oh, four months and I have come to love it. I was sure that my summer was going to be a dark one, but I couldn't see black passing in Boca Grande. Reading over the hotel's dress-code made me reconsider my lack of color (it also made me gag): "April 5, 2010 to June 2010, gentlemen should wear dress slacks and collared shirts for dinner. A jacket or tie is not required. Ladies apparel should always be comparable to the gentlemen such as blouses, skirts or slacks. Jeans, shorts or tank tops are not permitted for dinner;" "Whites required;" "Resort casual..."
Anyway, there is no denying that this calls for color:

And this too:

And so, I was forced to do laundry. I popped the quarters and what I uncovered was a treasure trove of surprising splashes of colors and pastels. I was shocked by the profusion of cheerful "island wear" hanging on my shower-curtain rod. Yellow! Turquoise! Pink! Airy, white blouses and skirts! My wardrobe isn't gloomy after all!
Watch out Boca and watch out summer!

1 comment:
Take that color and put it on girl.
M
Post a Comment