Unpacking shouldn't take this long, but what's the rush? Maya has adjusted quite well and she (like her mamma) seems to like it much better here. There are more sirens, for one. Secondly, the view proves much more interesting than our old one; plus she now has her very own window seat. Sure, the old building was not half as shitty as this one, but...
Location, location, location. There are parks everywhere. It's one block to Freeway park, one block to a dog park, one block to a tiny park that reminds me of England. There are bars everywhere. Where to begin? Where to end? There are vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants-a-plenty. The people in the building are colorful and loud and some fight and yell and GOD I LOVE IT!
"You are not H.I.V. positive, Ashley! Get out of here!"
"How did you even afford this place, David?!"
"I worked my ass off you dumb bitch! Leave or I'll call the cops! You're trespassing, Ashley!"
"Fine, call the goddamn cops!"
Ahhhh....The sounds of the city don't bother or keep me awake. I am not sure that I could ever live without them.
Could this be love...?

1 comment:
Sounds like a very interesting bldg. Never a dull moment?
I'm sure the neighbors love the additional sounds they now hear along with the sirens. You go Maya!
Love You
Mom
Post a Comment