
I have bleached and disinfected and unpacked until the tips of my fingers have cracked open. I should have gone to bed several hours ago, but there is so much to do and going to bed is... so...dull...
There is some type of bird that begins calling at around four in the morning. It chirps incessantly and I can not decide whether its trill is charming within the urban jungle or if it is simply obnoxious.
The city's soundtrack tonight consists of: this bird; droning car engines; drunken ramblings; train calls; Bon Iver; a cough; and dreamy puppy snores.
It is time for me dream. I have been having detached dreams recently and I am excited to enter into the foggy reality again. A few nights ago, I had a conversation about Saint Francis of Assisi. Last night, I watched myself die while saving a girl I used to babysit. I hope that tonight I will dream about traveling to an undiscovered, inhabitable planet with Jason Schwartzman.
Ciao planet Earth!

4 comments:
Sleep sweet daughter of mine.
Rest your mind & body
I know that bird. He has followed me all of my light-slept life. I'm fond of him. I hope you can come to love him too.
I have come to the conclusion that I am keen on the fledgling. I am also pretty crazy about people fighting in the hallways. Since the sounds spiral throughout the entire building, I feel like it's a communal experience.
it all goes into the communal pot, doesn't it?
Post a Comment