Thursday, March 5, 2009

Come on sorrow, take your own advice. Hide under the bed, turn out the light.

Neko Case is sending me off to sleep, bidding me yet another night of killer whale dreams.

Night one: the killer whale became a hairy, cardboard box. Well, not really, but my mom was convinced that anonymous intimidators had sent her such a concoction. I did my utmost to convince her that these demented senders could have in no way procured a killer whale carcass, and further, transformed it into a cardboard box. Dream Mom would hear nothing of it.

Night two: I witnessed an underwater slaughter. I...don't want to talk about it.

What's on the agenda for tonight? Considering my stellar bad dream track record, one can only hope for...the best?  

If I could sing like her, Neko Case that is, my life would be complete. Maybe I could secure some sort of discipleship/apprenticeship/internship. I am a personal assistant now so perhaps I could use that experience and become Case's personal assistant in exchange for lessons in the ways of HER. J- told me tonight that he heard that she is a bitch which leads me to think I ought to reconsider, but dammit she can roar! Just listen to "Maybe Sparrow." 

Regardless, I have been told that I need to twitter about the open mic scene with my songs. The lineup includes a gruesome pro-vegan number; one about two-step issue-evasions; another about a masquerade-of-a-parade; and one about marrying a fish (of sorts). More to come!

As for now, it is time to slip beneath the covers, down into the shadows. On belay, love, deep into your darkness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like her voice. Go for the open mic, we would love to hear you sing

From
Your Life Long Fan
Mom