
I need friends. It is official. More friends to be exact. I was hoping to make friends at the dog park, but have come to the realization that people go to the dog park and talk about their dogs, just as mothers go to the park and talk about their kids. There is nothing wrong with this of course, but I wonder, am I the only one going in hopes of meeting a friend?
I met someone for the second time at the park and again we talked about, well our dogs. To be quite honest, I am tired of talking about my dog. I love her, but sometimes I feel like a wind-up monkey with a cymbal. Always the same questions, always the same answers. Someone once suggested that I wear a shirt with all of Maya's information on it so that I might walk the streets without being stopped every two minutes. It would read as follows: "Miniature Australian Shepherd/ Girl/ Four Months/ Due to be 25 lb./ Maya."
I started reading a book recently that remind me: relationships must begin with some chat before people develop a solid rapport. This made me realize that I am being too impatient, and expecting too much. And so, I suppose I must bear down, continuing talking about my sweet, pink nosed, "look at those eyes," puppy and hope that I will find a connection amid the woodchips, feces, and mud.

1 comment:
Be patient. Our first conversations start with what we have in common as this is a comfortable subject for all. Then we will venture into uncommon subjects. This is when the friendship will begin as we will begin to learn about each other.
Let Maya help you into a friendship. You know she is adorable!!!!!
Love
MOM
Post a Comment