Sunday, December 14, 2008

Where is Bill Cosby when you need him?

A few weeks ago, A- wondered at the fact that I spend so much of my time with children. 

"I just don't get how you do it without getting bored."

Tonight, the girls and I made boats out of tin-foil so that our Playmobil people could take a sail around the "Great Lake" otherwise known as the bathtub. N- decided that her stuffed cat (which is about five times the size of Playmobil people) would sail in the boat too. N- narrated her character's conversation as follows: 

"Mama, when did we get 'Blue Ball'?"
"Oh, we got Blue Ball two years ago, daahling."
"I'm so glad we have Blue Ball, Mama."
"I know daahling."

N- then looked at me and said, "His name is Blue Ball because he has one blue eye-ball."

Sweet, innocent N- went even further and changed the name to "Big Blue Bulge." It was perfect.

"What's funny, Marie?" asked G-.

"Oh, I am just really, really happy inside," I said. 

How could I be bored when things like this happen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to love the innocence